Thursday, 11th May 2023
Venue: Arsenal - Science Center, Franz-Grill-Straße 9, 1030 Vienna
Invited talk: Prof. Manuel Garcia-Villalba TU Wien (AT):
"Bioinspired fluid-structure interactions using an immersed boundary method"
Chair: Dr. Ing. Francesco Zonta, TU Wien (AT)
3 contributions of ADA-PC members
Chair: Prof. Manuel Garcia-Villalba, TU Wien (AT)
Invited talk: Prof. Markus Uhlmann KIT (DE)
"Particle-resolved DNS with an immersed boundary method"
Chair: Dr. Manuel Moriche Guerrero, TU Wien (AT)
4 contributions of ADA-PC members
Chairman: Prof. Markus Uhlmann, KIT (DE)
Lab Tour and visit of Vienna Scientific Cluster
Invited talk: Prof. Roberto Verzicco Uni. Roma, GSSI & U. Twente (IT & NL)
"An Immersed Boundary implementation of a model for the human heart"
Chair: Prof. Cristian Marchioli, DPIA Uni. Udine
3 contributions of ADA-PC members
Chair: Prof. Roberto Verzicco Uni. Roma, GSSI & U. Twente (IT & NL)
Closing of the Day
Friday, 12th May 2023
Venue: Inst. Fluid Mech. & Heat Transfer, Getreidemarkt 9 1060 Vienna, Austria
ERCOFTAC administrative program only!
09:00 - 12:30
14:00 - 16:00
Joint SPC and KNC meeting
Executive Committee meeting
End of Spring Festival 2023
To get to the meeting hall at Arsenal - Science Center (Day 1 venue):
From Karlsplatz: Karlsplatz to Franz-Grill-Straße 9:
From Hauptbahnhof (Main train station): Hauptbahnhof to Franz-Grill-Straße 9:
Entering the lab:
How to get to Vienna:
1. By plane: The airport of Vienna is Wien Schwechat.
- Regular railway train (S-Bahn; duration 25 to 31 minutes): Take the suburban railway line S7 to the station Wien Mitte / Landstraße. At the ticket machines, select Wien Mitte as your destination. Trains depart twice an hour from the airport, 18 and 48 minutes after the full hour. The fare price is 4.20 €. To get to Karlsplatz (main campus of the TU Wien), use public transportation. At Wien Mitte / Landstraße, go to the underground line U4 (green) direction Hütteldorf, get off at the second stop at Karlsplatz.
- A rapid train shuttle (CAT - City Airport Train; duration 16 min): The City Airport Train (CAT) is heavily advertised at the airport. It stops at Wien Mitte / Landstraße. The ride takes 16 minutes and Trains depart 9 and 39 minutes after the full hour. The fare price is € 11 not including public transport within Vienna. To get to Karlsplatz (main campus of the TU Wien), use public transportation. At Wien Mitte / Landstraße, go to the underground line U4 (green) direction Hütteldorf, get off at the second stop at Karlsplatz.
- Buses (VAL; 20 min): Buses to Wien Schwedenplatz take 22 min and depart 15 and 45 min after the full hour. To get to Karlsplatz (main campus of the TU Wien), use public transportation. From Wien Schwedenplatz, continue with the underground line U1 (red) direction Reumannplatz to Karlsplatz. A ticket for the underground must be bought.
- Taxis (fare € 36, approx. 20 min): Usually, special rates are offered for the transfer to and from the airport, e.g., starting from 29 € by www.totaltaxi.at. Further taxi companies are listed at www.viennaairport.com.
2. By Train: Trains arrive at Wien Meidling or Wien Hauptbahnhof. To get to Karlsplatz from Wien Meidling, continue with underground line U6 (brown), direction Floridsdorf to Längenfeldstraße, change to U4 (green), direction Heiligenstadt and exit at Karlsplatz. To get to Karlsplatz from Wien Hauptbahnhof, take the underground U1 (red), direction Leopoldau, exit at the second stop at Karlsplatz.
3. By car: Parking is restricted to a duration of 2 hours in the surroundings of the conference site. Parking vouchers can be bought at a Tabak Trafik. A parking garage is located at Operngasse 13, 1040 Wien. The rate for a day is around €40.
Participants are expected to make their own hotel reservation.
Please save the date and do spread the word !
More information about the event will be available in due course